On July 25, 2019, the Feast of St. James the Apostle, Aquinas Institute Corporation registered the Aquinas Hope International Society, a non-profit organization, with the BC Government. The Spiritual Director of the Society is Msgr. Pedro Lopez-Gallo, P.A. The Managing Director is Teresita Nixon. The third corporate director is Barry Charles Nixon.
NATURE AND PURPOSES OF THE SOCIETY
- The Society is a combined spiritual, philanthropic, charitable and educational organization with allegiance to the one, holy catholic, universal Church founded by Jesus Christ.
- To make God known to people; bring God’s love and mercy to people; and bring people closer to the Most Blessed Trinity.
- To focus on the Holy Eucharist and encourage people to attend Mass daily; participate frequently in the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament; and attend Eucharistic Congresses.
- To encourage Catholics to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least once a month.
- To help people receive the graces from the Sacraments instituted by Jesus Christ.
- To honor and love the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Mother of God and to seek Her intercession for the success of all the Society’s works.
- To seek the protection of St. Joseph and St. Michael the Archangel for all the Society’s works from Satan and from all evils.
- To educate people on the teachings of St. Thomas Aquinas, the writings of St. James the Apostle and the charity of St. Teresa of Calcutta.
- To give hope, love, joy, care, support, protection and advocacy for the unborn; children, needy students, single mothers, seniors, the poor, the homeless and abused victims.
- To give scholarship grants to needy university students.
- To assist the unemployed, those on welfare assistance, native Indians and visible minorities in job search and/or with job creation.
- To help the spiritually challenged, the mentally challenged, the physically challenged, the lonely and those in despair through encouragement, counselling and joyful love.
- To visit and give hope, love and joy to the sick, elderly priests and prisoners.
- To console and financially support victims of calamities, disasters and earthquakes.
- To give donations to humanitarian causes for the glory of God.
- To propagate the vocations to the priesthood and the religious life as well as support seminarians prayerfully, morally and financially.
- To sponsor seminars, conferences and/or workshops on the lives of saints, self-development, family values, social issues and other relevant topics that will help in creating responsible individuals, a strong community, a responsive society and a better nation.
- Subject to financing availability, to operate a center that is open to people of varied religions, races and cultures.
- The works of the Society will extend to Canada and to poor countries around the world.
- In the end, the Society hopes to bring people closer to Our Lord Jesus Christ, the One and Only Savior of Mankind, and to Our Blessed Mother Mary, the one and only Queen of Heaven and Earth.
AQUINAS CATHOLIC MEDITATIONS WEBSITE
We invite the clergy , religious nuns, seminarians, members of the laity and children of the Catholic community to submit religious writings, homilies, essays, testimonials, and poems for inclusion in the Catholic Meditations website.
Please email your article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submitted articles will be reviewed and approved by Msgr. Pedro Lopez-Gallo, P.A.