Who are Aquinas Interpreters?
- Certified members of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia, Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario, Association of Translators and Interpreters of Manitoba, and/or Association of Translators and Interpreters of Alberta;
- Contractor Court Interpreters with the Court Services Branch of the British Columbia Ministry of Attorney-General;
- Graduates of Interpreting Programs in Canada, the United States, Europe and other parts of the world; and/or
- Graduates of the Aquinas Court-Judicial-Legal Interpreter Training Program™.
- They are native speakers of foreign languages.
- They are fluent in speaking, reading and writing in the English language.
- They have completed their secondary education or equivalent and/or hold bachelor degrees, master degrees and/or doctorate degrees from universities in Canada, the United States and their native countries.
- They have very good interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, good ethics, high level of professionalism and a strong desire to help people.
How to apply as an interpreter with Aquinas Institute?
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must have the mastery of the English language and one foreign language.
- You must have completed the minimum secondary education or equivalent.
- You must be available to take assignments from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- Email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
- Preference is given to those who have court interpreting experience and/or court interpreter training.
- Hourly rate will depend on court interpreting experience and/or court interpreter training of the applicant
- Aquinas Institute is one of the highest paying interpretation service companies and one of the fastest paying companies in the industry.
- A T4A slip is issued to every contractor interpreter at the end of the year as required by Canada Revenue Agency.